UTI symptoms in disabled people
The symptoms of UTI in people with spinal cord injury often differ from those of the general population and may be:
1. General depression – nausea.
2. Fever – shivering.
3. Change in color of urine-side (dark-blurred).
4. Foul odor of urine.
5. Incontinence or there was worsening of existing incontinence.
6. Difficulty emptying the bladder reflex (exit only small amounts of urine with increased residual bladder).
7. Increased spasticity.
8. Increased sweating, hypertension, headache (people with damage above the sixth thoracic nefrotomio).